Replacing windows can yield one of the highest returns on your investment. Not only does window replacement allow for more comfort and enjoyment, it can lower your energy bills, cut down on noise from outside and make home maintenance easier. There are many types of windows to choose from depending on the weather you experience where you live and many offer windows with energy-efficient glass options too. Do you think it’s time to replace the windows of your home? During a remodel is the perfect time as there is likely to be other tear outs and demolition as well.
Benefits of Window Replacement to Energy Efficient Windows
1. Window Replacement Energy Savings. Well-insulated windows keep extreme weather conditions from having an impact on the heating and cooling system in your home so replacing your windows can be one of the most cost-effective home improvements you can make. Newer windows offer energy-saving options that are suited for certain climates. Some of the glass in these newer windows have Advanced Low-E protection with argon insulation between the panes of glass that can block out 84% of the sun’s ultraviolet rays. This results in lower energy costs and increased comfort in your home.
2. Window UV Protection. We all enjoy having natural light streaming into our homes. It’s good for us but all those ultraviolet rays can have a negative effect on our homes interior. UV rays can cause fading of your floors, walls and furniture. Choosing newer windows that have Low-E insulating double-pane or triple-pane glass with argon can provide more protection from harmful UV-rays. Think of it as sunscreen for your house! These windows can block out 94% of the sun’s UV rays.
3. Easier maintenance. Older windows can be harder to keep clean. When you switch them out for windows that feature advanced designs it can increase sustainability. Some of these easy-clean features include innovative designs like blinds placed between the panes of glass and shades or grills to reduce time spent cleaning. These designs also reduce allergens and dust inside your home.
4. New Windows Are Safer & More Secure. Windows can be an easy access point for burglars. Going for quality windows with glass options can increase the safety of your home. Tempered glass is safer if it gets broken because it’s designed to break into smaller granules chunks instead of splintering into larger more jagged shards. There’s also laminated glass that has a polymer interlayer that works to hold glass together if it gets shattered. This means a little extra protection from intruders.
5. Noise Reduction Windows. High-quality windows with noise-reducing glass can significantly reduce outside noise. Some options include laminated, triple-pane or sound control glass.
6. Window Curb Appeal. With different styles, colors and material available in newer windows replacement can increase the curb appeal of your home. New windows add visual interest to your home and can help increase the overall value of your home.
7. New Windows Increase Home Value. The National Association of Realtors has concluded that homeowners that replace their windows can expect more than a 78% return on investment when they go and sell their home.
Window Design & Replacement in Redwood City, Foster City, Alum Rock, Atherton & Greater San Jose, California
When you’re considering new windows for your home, you need to look at aesthetics, function, and protection from cold and hot weather. Look for windows that are ENERGY STAR certified to keep your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. Call Future Vision Remodeling to go over all your options and get started on replacing the windows in your home during a kitchen, bathroom or other home remodel.