It seems like more and more homeowners are thinking about embarking on a bathroom renovation. Bathroom upgrades seem to be more manageable because they are less stressful, less disruptive and less complicated. The bathroom is a prime place for renovations because it can be done inexpensively for a dramatic improvement to the look and feel of the room. It’s easy to get lots of ideas for a bathroom by looking on the internet, but what is the best way to get a luxurious looking bathroom without breaking the bank?
Bathroom Remodel Upgrade Ideas
1. Choose natural stone wisely. Natural stone in a bathroom provides warmth and visual beauty but it will cost you. Choose less exotic types or check local stone yards for remnants that will fit your space.
2. Tile rug design. The flooring in a bathroom has the biggest impact and should be where you splurge if you can. You can design a “rug” by using expensive stone mosaic tile rather than using it everywhere. Create the “rug” and use larger stone around for an eye catching focal point.
3. Large format tiles. Most bathrooms have the typical 3 by 6-inch tiles. By choosing sizes like 4 by 8 or 2 by 9 inches your bathroom will not look average.
4. Tile & grout color combinations. You can get a polished look by tiling most, if not all the wall. Subway tiles are popular right now but can look a bit flat. Grout colors cost the same so consider using darker grout instead.
5. Bathroom accent borders & trim. By spending a little more of your budget on accent trim you can make your bathroom stand out. Accent trim can create an interesting graphic element without totally blowing your budget.
6. Upgraded bathroom hardware. There are many custom vanities available to choose from. You can even make it more custom with upgraded knobs and pulls, plus it will truly be one of a kind.
7. Carefully source the bathtub. The tub can easily be the most expensive item in a new bathroom so you want to choose thoughtfully.
8. Think about chrome. There are many options for plumbing fixtures but going with chrome is a grout choice as it looks modern or traditional. Plus its easy to keep clean.