When it comes to having a smooth transition during a renovation, there are many things you should do to help the cause, as well as a handful things that you should not do. To avoid stress and enjoy the success of your new remodel, we at Future Vision Remodeling, Inc would like to list some don’ts concerning your next remodel to help the process and have it be a success.
Home Remodeling & Renovation Don’ts
1. Don’t rush the home remodel. Start by assessing your existing conditions of the home and really think about how you want it changed. Consider what will make day to day living easy as well what you expect from luxury. To prevent cash from being siphoned out of your bank account and to maintain your budget, have a clear idea of where you want to go from the beginning to prevent much of the stress. When considering your budget it is best to add 20% to the figure for more leg room.
2. Don’t choose a random home remodeling contractor. It is essential you do your research when selecting a contractor. When it comes to your unique and custom selections, you want to make certain the contractor is able to perform the requested services. Shop around and consult with a narrowed down list of potential candidates and find out the details. Expectations, costs, duration, communicate with each contractor you interview. Is some of your goals are unrealistic; the contractor will let you know. To ensure your renovations are not doomed from the beginning, make certain you have the right crew for the job.
3. Don’t neglect budgeting. Going over your budget range is the last thing you need to do and cutting corners results in poor quality on shoddy workmanship. With coordination from your contractor, you can easily find a middle ground that you can establish during the preplanning process. You can easily find less expensive alternatives that will suit your needs before the project is underway when you have a limited budget.
4. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box to achieve your ultimate home remodel goals. With so many trending interior design options, you don’t have to be chained to traditional specs. With the help of your contractor, you can remodel your home to fit your personality and get the characteristics you want.
5. Don’t go contemporary just because that is what everyone is doing. Unless it is truly an addition you adore, don’t follow the masses. Just because a feature is “in” right now, doesn’t mean you have to follow the crowd, because what is in now doesn’t mean it will be 10 years from now. Remember, it is your home and you complete the upgrades and renovations as you see fit. With the help of your contractor, you can find middle ground to what you like and what would increase you home’s value.