When it comes to investing in a luxury remodeled master bathroom, you want to make sure to use high-quality materials, fixtures, and indulge in modernized and eco-smart accents. Ensuring your remodel is done by leading professionals that deliver fine workmanship is also a necessity to get the master bathroom to its full potential and every detail you desire. With that in mind, we at Future Vision Remodeling, Inc would like to relate some “dos” and “don’ts” for your consideration when bringing your plans together.
How to Renovate & Remodel a Bathroom
1) Budget for surprises. When it comes to renovating the bathroom, there are unexpected circumstances that you should budget for. Leaky pipes in the walls are common, and during the remodel, exposure to water damage frequently pops up, requiring the water damage to be properly replaced first. Where contractors will want to see what they have to work with before they get started, they cannot see through walls and that’s where the surprises typically are.
2) Water efficiency. Over the years, toilets, faucets, and showerheads have become more water efficient. There are many products you can take advantage of that add glamour to your master bathroom but still contributes to the environment. Saving water in your California home is very beneficial.
3) Ventilation and lighting. Moisture is one of the top enemies of homes, especially in rooms like the bathroom where moisture is consistent. The moisture breeds mildew and mold which expedites the decay of finishes and painted surfaces among other damage. Planning for the excessive moisture can help combat the mold and mildew growth. Different layers of illumination is highly ideal in a luxury master bathroom. Ceiling fixtures are exceptional for general lighting, but the bathroom is where you get ready for the day in the morning and having more lighting around the vanity will eliminate the shadows that get in the way. A dedicated task light, such as a recessed canister light, for shower and toilet can give you the extra light you need and additional lights along the medicine cabinet will give you the illumination you want. Dimmer switches, LED lights, and other ambient lighting can really alter the dynamics in your luxury master bathroom.
4) Choose quality and appropriate materials for the surfaces. You want more than aesthetics for your bathroom. You need to remember the bathroom takes a lot of abuse with the moisture and constant daily use. The floors, backsplashes, shower and tub area, countertops and other surfaces should be individually considered in which material to use. With so many options available, you can find something that fits your tastes without sacrificing the right defense the raw materials.
Common Bathroom Remodel Mistakes to Avoid
1) Do not rush the process. Despite being committed to acquiring the new bathroom, it will not be ready tomorrow. Doing the bathroom remodel twice is very expensive. Let the contractors do everything the right way. Be reserved to the ideal it can take several weeks to a couple of months to finish. Make room for materials being on backorder, a sick crew, and so on. You want the perfect master bathroom remodel; the experts get it done.
2) Do not trim out the labor. In an effort to trim the costs, many homeowners will hire the lowest bidder. Look into references and reviews when you are selecting the contractor. If one is a little pricier but comes with high praises, they are worth the little extra cash than the lowest bidder with poor reviews.
3) Do not try and cut corners. The remodel is likely the only one you will do while living in the home and you want your mini-spa to last. Do not try to cut costs by skimping on the materials. Invest in the materials, faucets, and so on that are designed to last and have lifetime warranties.
4) Avoid the impulse to buy online. Unless you have seen the exact item you are buying online in person, resist the urge to buy directly online. Everything always looks different with the right angle and under the different lighting so beware of online purchases.