Do you have guests frequently? How about aging family members that may need to move closer to you without anywhere to put them? If you need a space that guests can feel comfortable while they are visiting without invading your space, a casita is the perfect option. Building and designing the perfect casita isn’t always easy. Future Vision Remodeling is here to share some tips to help you plan your casita the right way.
What is a Casita?
When casita is translated from Spanish, it means “tiny house.” These spaces are built on your property, but are completely separated from your home. Homeowners often have them built to the side of their house or in the backyard space. A casita is the perfect space for those that have a live in nanny or any other help that needs to live on your premises.
Tips to Help You Plan the Perfect Casita Design
There are several areas that should be considered before you delve into a casita build. Following are some of the things you should be thinking about as you plan your perfect casita:
– Consider Zoning & Building Regulations: You want to make sure that your casita is built and abiding by the local zoning and building regulations. This would involve things like the sewer line, fire safety and water lines. If you have an HOA, there may be a set of rules you need to abide by as well.
– Plan Around the Purpose of the Casita: Some people don’t want to use their casita for guests. You may want a music or art room, a man cave or a pool house. These details may require special considerations like natural lighting, soundproof walls and so on.
– Who Will Use the Casita?: If you are creating the casita for your parents that are getting older, you may want to make it handicap accessible. This space may be for your adult children that need a place to stay while they get back on their feet. Whatever the reason you are building it, make sure you include everything you need to accommodate them.
– Include Your Favorite Features: This is a good time to take a good look at your home and draw some of your favorite features out of your home and incorporate them into the casita. On the other hand, you can consider the features you like the least and avoid using them again.
– Interior & Exterior Finishes: Most people want their casita to match the interior and exterior design of the main house. That way, they tie together and the casita is just an extension of the main house.
Luxury Remodeling Services & More in Redwood City, Foster City, Palo Alto, Saratoga, Cupertino, Los Gatos, Sunnyvale, Campbell, Loyola, Monte Sereno, Mountain View, Santa Clara & Greater San Jose, California
If you are ready to plan and build your casita and don’t know where to start, you can count on the experts at Future Vision Remodeling to help. We have the experience and expertise needed to create a breathtaking space for any guests you may have. Call us today!